Sunday, February 20, 2005


"Honestly it really was a battery operated Toothbrush"


Ex-Mrs Bond in airline scare

February 20, 2005


A BUZZING noise from the suitcase of a woman once married to James Bond star, Sean Connery, caused a stir at Brisbane airport today.

But the sound from Diane Cilento's case was only her battery-operated toothbrush.
Ms Cilento, 71, was on board a Virgin Blue flight due to leave Brisbane at lunchtime today when baggage handlers became alarmed by a buzzing noise coming from her baggage.

The Oscar-nominated actress, who was Mrs Sean Connery in the 1960s, said she was seated on the aircraft waiting for takeoff when she was asked by members of the crew to disembark.
A shaken Ms Cilento, who now operates a playhouse near Port Douglas in far north Queensland, got off the plane.

"It was rather a shock actually," Ms Cilento told AAP from her home.
"I was called off the plane and they had my bag there and they knew my name and they wouldn't go near it because there was a terrible noise coming from it.

"They made me open it and it was my (electric) toothbrush.
"I don't know what they thought it was, but no-one was going anywhere near my bag.
"There was a moment there when everybody thought I was going to be turfed off and I don't know, maybe they thought there was a bomb or something."

Ms Cilento said after identifying the source of the noise and turning off the toothbrush, she and her bag were allowed back on the plane, which took off late for Cairns.
"The whole thing was a bit of a shock because you know somehow I have a bit of a habit of attracting trouble....but not this time," the actor said.

A Virgin Blue spokeswoman said she was unaware of the incident, which was handled by security staff at Brisbane airport.
Ms Cilento and playwright Anthony Shaffer set up the outdoor spiritual theatre, Karnak Playhouse, in northern Queensland, which became a haven for bohemian artists and performers.
The pair married there in 1985.
Shaffer died in 2001 and Ms Cilento has been embroiled in a bitter court battle over his estate.
AAP

"They made me open it and it was my (electric) toothbrush."

I for one believe her, but could some one tell me how an electric toothbrush can not only turn itself on from inside a locked travel bag but can some how access a mains power supply as well?
This toothbrush is a very handy little piece of goods, but I am sure it's owner found that out a long time ago.
Posted by Hello

No comments: