Sunday, February 27, 2005

Blood ......."We all prayed he would be Dead." A poem by a US Army Medico in Honour of her "warriors"




Blood it was a trail from the ICU to Recovery Room to OR

Life force there on the floor life force going going gone

The beginning of the pain, suffering and endless ebb

We all prayed he would be dead

But his brain was well alive

Parents came they wanted him to survive

Shredded arms and legs only a trunk remained

A child strapped with bombs he grabbed

It was over in an instant

He saved lives and nothing of him survives

How many died in vain

Politicians, Civilians are insane

I look, smell listen and know

Everyday we meet the buses

Not enough stretchers

Not enough Not enough Not enough

Go Warrior to your grave

I know the sacrifice you made

I will not forget you

I will fight along side of you

My love for all is great

My heart is filled with hate

I do not forget

I do not regret

Passionate am I

Burned in my heart and Soul are you

Warriors this Army nurse remembers you

With love and endurance

Cpt Mac

Posted by Hello

No comments: